Sunday, April 26, 2009

GNCC ATV and Motorcycle racing at River Ranch


I went to River Ranch February 27th through March 3rd for the GNCC River Ranch. I was there in my capacity as a Field Rep for the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA). I went over in the motorhome and stayed there. They have an airport at River Ranch and they close it for the event. They park the motorhomes and RV's lined up on each side of the runway.

My location for the event
Another view

A view down the runway from my spot
A view the other way from my spot

This is the kickoff for the GNCC 13 event series for off road ATV's and motorcycles. The event is sanctioned by the AMA so you have to be an AMA member to participate. I am there to sign up and renew AMA members. This is the only four day event in the series. They have sign up and practice for ATV's on Saturday and race on Sunday. Sign up and practice for motorcycles is on Monday with the race on Tuesday.


Chilling in the motorhome in the evening
Watching the Nascar race

I had a good time at the event. In spite of a busy time signing up members I had a chance to watch the races and talk with a lot of people. It got very cold during the event. One morning I had ice on my table. In the evenings I just chilled in the motorhome watching tv. The first night I almost froze. To have power I had to run the generator. So when I retired for the night I would shut the generator down. I thought the heat needed the generator to operate. So I would shut the heat off when I shut the generator down. The second night I forgot to shut the heat off before shutting the generator down. After a bit the heat came on without the generator. So I learned something new about the motorhome. I can have heat without the generator running. It works off the 12 volt power.



Slide Show of the event